21 Years Working with Arkansas Homeschoolers
Established in 1999, SEEK provides experiential learning, through hands-on science lessons, in a fun indoor/outdoor classroom environment.
SEEK will be open, with classes at the 4-H Center in 2020-21. Registration for classes will open Tuesday, August 18 at 9 am.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, SEEK will be different this year. Our procedures will follow requirements from the Arkansas Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture.
Summary of changes:
- There will be two 12-week semesters (Content will be repeated, so pick one)
- Fall semester begins Tuesday, Sept. 22 and ends Friday, Dec. 18 (Off the week of Thanksgiving
Winter semester begins Tuesday, Jan. 5 and ends Friday, March 26
- Each class offered on Tuesdays and Fridays (including High School). You attend once a week
- No 1st & 2nd grade this year
- No SEEK Squad this year
- Classes offered: 3rd & 4th grade, 5th & 6th grade, 7th & 8th grade, and High School (Fall semester Physical Science, Winter semester Ecology)
- Class size reduced. High School classes maximum 10 students per day. All other classes maximum 15 students per day.
- Class location/ student maximums based on social distancing capacities
- No increase in program cost.
- Registration deposit $50 non-refundable
- If SEEK closes due to COVID-19, refund amount will be prorated based on the number of weeks closed
- 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. learning day
- SEEK takes place at the C. A. Vines Arkansas 4-H Center
What do parents have to say about SEEK?
"My kids LOVED this program! Age-appropriate material, incredible activities, and the highlight...fantastic teachers. Cannot say enough about this program :) "
"My kids love the outdoor, hands on activity that SEEK offers, and have made good friends in their time at SEEK."
"Learning was FUN for them. They would always come home talking about what they learned at SEEK. That is something that textbook science can never do!"
"All [my children] have tremendously benefited. One in particular has discovered a love for science. She also is extremely shy and SEEK has challenged her in a good way.”