4-H Summer Interns
Join the UofA Division of Agriculture - Cooperative Extension Service as a summer intern and make a difference in your workd by working with the Arkansas 4-H Youth Development department. For twelve weeks, interns will work closely with the state 4-H faculty and staff, assisting with educational programs and summer 4-H conferences/events, preparing communication materials and media relations; plus other duties as assigned. Pictured to the right are the summer interns from 2019!
Other things you might do as an Arkansas 4-H Summer Intern:
- Increase your knowledge of youth development programs and events
- Get a better knowledge of Extension as a career choice
- Experience working withthe largest youth development program in the state of Arkansas and in the U.S.
- Earn while you learn
- Completed freshman year of college by Summer 2020
- 4-H experience desirable - not required
- Good organization and planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Application may not currently be enrolled in the 4-H program
Dates of Service & Location
- May 18th - July 31st, 2020
- UofA Division of Agriculture - CES State Headquarters, Little Rock, AR
- Inexpensive lodging available
Application for Arkansas 4-H Summer Internships includes sending a cover letter, resume, and three letters of recommendation to Priscella Thomas-Soctt at email@example.com by March 20, 2020.
For more information, contact Priscella Thomas-Scott at (501) 671-2271 or the email addres above.